Note: This documentation assumes that you have Ghost setup and running on a server. If you don't have Ghost setup yet, we highly recommend using Ghost(Pro). You can learn more about installing Ghost here
Thank you for purchasing Manhattan! Please take the time to review the documentaton below. Installation is super easy. You'll have your blog set up in no time!
To install Manhattan, head to
yourdomain.com/ghost/#/settings/design/change-theme. Click the 'Upload theme' button and upload the
manhattan.zip file that came with your purchase. Click 'Activate' and the theme is ready to go!
Pro Tip: Before moving on, it's really helpful to get a few posts added to your blog!
The primary navigation is used in the header. This navigation is set up to display your first 3 menu items inline. The rest will appear in the dropdown menu. To edit these menus go to
The secondary navigation is used for the footer. These menu items will display in a new column for every 3 items. You can add a maximum of 12 menu items here.
Ghost allows you to set posts as "featured". We use these posts to display the featured posts section at the very top of the homepage. You will need to make sure you always have 5 posts set as featured in order for this to display.
To update the design settings, head to
- Site description: Used in your site meta tag for search engines.
- Accent color: Used to style buttons and links.
- Publication icon: Used as the browser tab icon.
- Publication logo: Used in the header and footer.
- Publication cover: This setting is not used to keep the integrity of the design.
- Heading font: If you want to try a different heading font, we've included 6 curated options.
- Heading font weight: Here you can change the heading font weight.
- Body font: We've included the same 6 curated fonts for the body text as well.
- Footer attribution: To spread the love, keep this toggle on!
- Tag sections: This is where you'll build your homepage tag sections. Insert a comma separated list of the tag slugs you want to display without spaces. Tag slugs can be found in the ghost admin when you're editing tags. Example:
- CTA: A toggle to display a call to action at the bottom of the homepage.
- CTA image: Upload an image for your call to action here.
- CTA title: Adds a title to the call to action.
- CTA subtitle: Adds a subtitle to the call to action.
- CTA button label: Change the call to action button label here. Default "Become a Member".
Important: Before you add your tag sections, make sure you have added tags to your blog. Each tag that you add here should have at least 4 posts associated with it.
- Share links: A toggle to hide or show the share links.
- Use an SVG for your publication logo.
- Make sure you always have at least 5 featured posts set.
- Add images to all tags to ensure the popular tags section appears as expected.
For support inquiries please visit https://themedistillery.com/support.