Note: This documentation assumes that you have Ghost setup and running on a server. If you don't have Ghost setup yet, we highly recommend using Ghost(Pro). You can learn more about installing Ghost here
Thank you for purchasing Bijou! Please take the time to review the documentaton below. Installation is super easy. You'll have your blog set up in no time!
To install Bijou, head to
yourdomain.com/ghost/#/settings/design/change-theme. Click the 'Upload theme' button and upload the
bijou.zip file that came with your purchase. Click 'Activate' and the theme is ready to go!
Pro Tip: Before moving on, it's really helpful to get a few posts added to your blog!
The primary navigation is used in the header. This navigation is set up to display your first 3 menu items inline. The rest will appear in the dropdown menu. To edit these menus go to
The secondary navigation is used for the footer. These menu items all display inline, so make sure you don't add too many here!
To update the design settings, head to
- Site description: Used in your site meta tag for search engines.
- Accent color: Used to style buttons and links.
- Publication icon: Used as the browser tab icon.
- Publication logo: Used in the header and footer.
- Publication cover: This setting is not used to keep the integrity of the design.
- Heading font: If you want to try a different heading font, we've included 6 curated options.
- Header layout: Here you can choose to center or left align the logo.
- Post grid image: Select the aspect ratio of your post images.
- Footer attribution: To spread the love, keep this toggle on!
- Hero width: 3 options for the width of the hero.
- Hero image: Select the aspect ratio of your hero image.
- Hero layout: Change the position of the hero image.
- Popular tags: If you don't want to show the popular tags section you can toggle this off.
- Popular tags count: Choose between 4-6 tags to display.
Things to note: The hero section pulls in the latest post that is set as featured. The popular tags section displays tags with the most posts associated with them. You need 5-6 tags with posts associated with them for this section to work. It's also important to set images for your tags!
- Post image: Select the aspect ratio of your post image.
- Share links: A toggle to hide or show the share links.
- Use an SVG for your publication logo.
- Make sure you always have at least one featured post set.
- Add images to all tags to ensure the popular tags section appears as expected.
For support inquiries please visit https://themedistillery.com/support.